A46-306, No.6 Sqn "100th Anniversary", RAAF, 2018
In order to replace their aging EA-6B Prowlers the USN acquired a specialized version of the F/A-
18F Super Hornet, the EA-18G Growler. The Growler is an advanced airborne electronic attack
aircraft capable of tactical jamming and electronic protection. The first EA-18G Growler flight took
place in August 2006 with the first USN production aircraft being delivered to VAQ129 in June
2008. After operational capability testing full production of the EA-18G Growler began in late
2009. In 2010 VAQ-132, 138 and 141 were re-equipped with the Growler.
RAAF No. 6 Squadron was formed on June 15, 1917 as No. 30 (Australian Training) Squadron.
On February 23, 1948 No. 6 Squadron became the new designation and was based at RAAF
Amberley. As well as F/A-18Fs the RAAF purchased twelve EA-18G Growlers for No. 6 Squadron
that had transferred its F/A-18Fs to No. 1 Squadron. The Growlers arrived between early 2017
and July 2017. EA-18G 169153 arrived February 2, 2017 and designated A46-306 and later in
2017 was given a paint scheme to celebrate No. 6 Squadron’s 100th Anniversary.
Specifications for the EA-18G Growler
- Role - carrier-based electronic warfare aircraft
- Crew – 2 X Pilot and WSO
- Length – 60.2 ft (18.3 m)
- Height – 16 ft (4.9 m)
- Wingspan - 44.9 ft (13.7 m)
- Empty – 33.094 lb (15,011 kg)
- Maximum Takeoff – 66,000 lb (29,964 kg)
- Recovery – 48,000 lb (21,772 kg)
- Powerplants – 2 X General electric F414-GE400 Turbofans
- Dry – 14,000 lbf (62.kN) per engine
- With afterburners – 22,000 lbf (97.9 kN) per engine
- Internal fuel – 13,940 lb (6,323 kg)
- External fuel – 3 X 480 gal tanks (9,774 lb) (4,420 kg)
- Maximum Speed – Mach 1.8 (1,190 mph, 1,900 kph) @ 40,000 ft (12,190 m)
- Range – 1,275 nmi (2,346 km)
- Ferry Range – 1,800 nmi (2,070 km)
- Service Ceiling – 50,000 ft (15,000 m)
- Hardpoints – 9 X 6 under wings, 3 X under fuselage
- Capable of carrying – 17,750 lb (8,050 kg) external fuel and ordnance
- 6 under wing hardpoints capable of carrying a combination of
- Fuel tanks
- AN/ALQ-99 Jamming Pods as well as other numerous pods and sensors
- AGM-88 HARM missiles
- AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles
- Wingtip pods – AN/ALQ-218 detection pods
Features of Diecast Model:
- True 1/72 scale.
- Professionally painted.
- Great attention to detail.
- All markings are Tampoed (pad applied).
- Option to display the model on a stand that is provided.
- Model can be shown with the landing gear in the down or up positions.
- Optional armament provided.
- Canopy can be displayed open or closed.
- Pilot figure included.
- Extremely heavy metal with a minimum of plastic.
- Highly collectable.
Flat Rate Shipping - $0.00
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobby One users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.