Because of its reliability and ease of repair, and since its engine did not require a coolant, the German Kubelwagen proved particularly effective on the searing African desert during WWII. At the request of various divisions in North Africa for a vehicle suitable for the desert, a Continental balloon tire equipped version went into production from 1942. Two types of balloon tires, a grooved and an ungrooved version were used. Because the tires were wider than normal tires, a spacer to raise the height of a spare tire attachment was added to the hood of the car. Some of the balloon tire equipped Type 82 were even used in Italy after the fighting in North Africa stopped in May of 1943.
- 1/16 scale plastic model construction kit
- Overall length 238mm, overall width 103mm, overall height 93mm
- Precisely replicated balloon tire equipped Kubelwagen Type 82 - Africa version
- Instrument panel, seats and 4-wheel independent suspension system are also reproduced realistically.
- All the doors and engine room cover can be modeled in either open or closed position.
- The engine room shows mechanical equipment including air cleaner, 4 cylinder horizontally opposed air cooled engine and repair tools
- Balloon tires are of semi-pneumatic rubber and front wheels are steerable.
- Includes accessories such as jerry cans and canteen for drinking water, Rommel figure and a driver figure.
Flat Rate Shipping - $0.00
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobby One users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.