P-40N "Black Magic"
HU-E, 78 Sqn., RAAF, Morotai, early 1945
The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk first flew in 1938 as a modification of the Curtiss P-36 Hawk.
Warhawk was the official U.S. designation while the name Tomahawk was used by the
British Commonwealth and Soviet forces for the P-40B and C and Kittyhawk for P-40Ds
and later variants. The P-40 was first used by British squadrons in North Africa and the
Middle East in 1941. The P-40 lacked a two-speed supercharger making them inferior
to German aircraft but was an adequate fighter in low altitude combat zones. Almost
12,000 P-40s were produced.
P-40N Kittyhawk c/n 9150M serial 43-23639 was delivered to the RAF and at first
became FX760 GAT and later GA? and piloted by Fl/Lt Edward Ross who had the ?
added. The aircraft was shot down by flak on August 21, 1944. The aircraft on display
at the RAF Museum Hendon isn’t the original GA?, it is a composite of several aircraft
that have been assembled to make one P-40N and painted to represent GA?. The
fuselage is from P-40N 42-106101 built for the RAAF with serial A29-556.
- True 1/72 scale.
- Professionally painted.
- Great attention to detail.
- All markings are Tampoed (pad applied).
- Option to display the model on a stand that is provided.
- Model can be shown with the landing gear in the down or up positions.
- Optional armament provided.
- Canopy can be displayed open or closed.
- Pilot figure included.
- Extremely heavy metal with a minimum of plastic.
- Highly collectable.
Flat Rate Shipping - $0.00
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobby One users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.