British Main Battle Tank Chieftain
The FV4201 Chieftain was the main battle tank of the United Kingdom during the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. A development of the Centurion, the Chieftain introduced the supine (reclining) driver position to British design allowing a heavily sloped hull with reduced height. A new powerpack and improved transmission gave it higher speed than the Centurion despite being heavier due to major upgrades to armour protection and the armament: this allowed it to replace both the Conqueror and Centurion while performing their roles effectively. It remained in service until replaced by the Challenger 1 which shared many of the Chieftain's features.
- The Breakdown of Stillbrew composite armor follows its installation on the real vehicle.
- The Gun Mantlet cover and gun Barrel thermal sleeve are designed by digital sculpting.
- The infrared searchlight has internal construction.
- The Horizontal spring suspension and shock absorbers are accurately replicated.
- This kit includes easy-to-assemble single pin workable tracks.
- All crew hatches can be built open or closed.
- Clear Lights, observation ports and optical sight parts are included.
- Fine PE parts are included
- Two Paint schemes are provided
Flat Rate Shipping - $0.00
Free Shipping for orders over $99. *Offer excludes, dangerous goods and oversized items.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobby One users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.