Small but Mighty
The M4A3E8 "Easy Eight" was a smooth-riding horizontal volute spring suspension (HVSS) variant of the Allied workhorse Sherman medium tank. It was an improved threat over predecessors thanks to a more powerful, 76mm gun, and employed a V8 gasoline engine in its welded hull. As perhaps the finest of the Sherman variants it played an important role in the eventual Allied WWII victory, but its service did not end there: When conflict flared again in June 1950, this time on the Korean peninsula, Easy Eights were refurbished and deployed again, taking on enemy T34/85 tanks operated by the Korean People's Army from the invading North, and serving till the armistice of 1953. The distinctive marking pattern shown in the main picture on this page is said to have been employed in an attempt at psychological warfare.
About the Model
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic model assembly kit. Length: 215mm, width: 86mm.
- The form of a Korean War M4A3E8 is expertly captured, with renderings of the various upgrades made to the tank.
- Late production Sherman deflector and gun shield canvas cover are authentically recreated, along with updated gun travel lock and radio equipment.
- Double-pin T80 tracks are rendered accurately and fuss-free by belt-type parts.
- Separate slide mold M2 machine gun mount and barrel attachment point parts.
- Comes with commander and loader torso figures, plus 2 marking options including the "Rice's Red Devils" company of the 89th Tank Battalion.
- Parts included to create enemy field car.
*This interpretation of the "Rice's Red Devils" markings is based upon photographs and contributing research from David Doyle.
Tamiya Color paints recommended for completion:
PICK UP IN STORE - $0.00
We are open 7 days for your convenience. Please feel free to drop in and collect your order.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Hobby One users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.